Blog of Oonah V Joslin -- please visit my Parallel Oonahverse at WordPress

where I post stories and poems that have not been seen elsewhere - also recipes and various other stuff. http://oovj.wordpress.com/

and see me At the Cumberland Arms 2011









Saturday 15 August 2009

A good week

Apart from hearing from Eleanor, (see below...)

I have a another piece published and one taken for September. see links...
http://www.short-humour.org.uk/writersshowcase/iwannabelovedbyyou.htm

And the Perseids were very cooperative on Wednesday. From our wee patch of sky we got two southern bound passenger jets - very high... One northern bound (yeah I know!) satelite and more than a dozen meteors - one was so big and bright I could hear it hiss! Okay - but it was spectacular and the night air was balmy and so were we for we stood for an hour getting a crick in the neck!

I had a piece of carpet - off-cut put in my little watching the rain room

EDP was off and then on-line and I finished the choices for September and we may have another team member soon - it's h u s h ;)

Not a bad week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Oonah,

    You were lucky to see the pesk perseids. We was cloud-bound! Maybe next time.

    Nice story on EDF today, btw!

    jumbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John. Yes there was acloudbank just to the south of here. We could see that any further than that, people would not be as lucky.

    ReplyDelete