Blog of Oonah V Joslin -- please visit my Parallel Oonahverse at WordPress

where I post stories and poems that have not been seen elsewhere - also recipes and various other stuff. http://oovj.wordpress.com/

and see me At the Cumberland Arms 2011









Monday 11 January 2010

50 YEARS AGO

The 11th January 1960 was a Monday too. That was the day our father died and our lives changed irrevocably. Of course life changes irrevocably every day and at every turn but some changes are more significant that others and as changes go it doesn't get bigger than death. At the time I was that little girl you see on my facebook profile.

So I have put a link to The Shine Journal poem The Photograph at the side here. It is about a photo of my sister with daddy on the beach. I don't have a copy of it. In fact I don't have any photographs of my father. Perhaps a family member would like to rectify that - after all we've moved on a bit since 1960 - we have the technology!

Jack Kyle d.11th Jan 1960 aged 48

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and moving poem, thank you for sharing it.
    J x

    ReplyDelete