Blog of Oonah V Joslin -- please visit my Parallel Oonahverse at WordPress

where I post stories and poems that have not been seen elsewhere - also recipes and various other stuff. http://oovj.wordpress.com/

and see me At the Cumberland Arms 2011









Sunday 31 January 2010

Winter's Last Breath

I don't think we've seen the last of it yet and Tuesday is Groundhog Day better known as Candlemass - one of the Quarter Days of the old ecclesiastical calendar. It's kind of opposite Halloween - as far away from the shortest day as the equinox. So I thought you'd like to go over to Boston Literary Magazine's Winter edition and reread this poem which seems appropriate.

http://www.bostonliterarymagazine.com/winter09poetry.html#winter09breath.html

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is great there Oonah! Congrats on another publication. I recently bought the print version of Winter 2010 BLM and yours and my poem "Frosted Glass" are neighbors of the table of contents.
    Hope all is good your way my friend!

    Smiles!
    R Jay

    ReplyDelete